hahahah this was from a meme and also from Garfield. Always got a case of the mondays haha ah jeez.
Anyway, here’s a Breakdown that was pretty interesting to me:
– Sunday — Sun’s day
– Monday — Moon’s day
– Tuesday — Tiu’s day. Tiu (Twia) is the English/Germanic god of war and the sky. He is identified with the Norse god Tyr. Mars is the Roman mythology and Ares in Greek.
– Wednesday — Hump day AMIRIGHT? no really it’s Woden’s day. In Norse it is Odin’s Day. Woden is the chief Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic god. Woden is the leader of the Wild Hunt. Woden is from wod “violently insane” + -en “headship”. He is identified with the Norse Odin.
– Thursday: Thor’s Day What? Oh, uh… sorry my bad. Thor is the Norse god of thunder. He is represented as riding a chariot drawn by goats and wielding the hammer Miölnir. He is the defender of the Aesir, destined to kill and be killed by the Midgard Serpent.
– Friday — Freya’s day – Freo is identical with freo, meaning free. It is from the Germanic frijaz meaning “beloved, belonging to the loved ones, not in bondage, free”.
– Saturday — Saturn’s day – Saturn is the Roman and Italic god of agriculture and the consort of Ops. He is believed to have ruled the earth during an age of happiness and virtue.